We have evening events every other month with two or three speakers on different topics, 6sq ft of pizza and plenty of opportunity to chat and network.
The group also holds other events like lunchtime activities, the occasional social, and an annual conference as part of SQLRelay.co.uk.
In the first half of 2015 alone we’ve had:
- David Williams: Intro to Replication workshop
- Jen McCown: Designing Stored Procedure Solutions
- Sean McCown: Regular Expressions for the DBA
- Tobiasz Koprowski: Windows Azure SQL Database – Tips and Tricks for beginners
- Rob Sewell: Powershell for your team
- Terry McCann: SSRS Inception
- Paul Randal: Index Fragmentation: Internals, Analysis, and Solutions
- Steve Powell: How to document your SSAS and SSIS solutions using the magic of PowerShell
I think its great. Really enjoying attending these and learning lots. Newbie to SQLserver so all good. Its good to see examples of implementation of governance as well as the Inner workings of the nuts and bolts. (Mandy Beasley)
Bloody brilliant (Gene Morgan)
A great group of people and an extremely useful knowledge resource. (Peter Donnelly)
Good breadth of topics and good discussions between sessions, thanks for the pizza, I was starving as I missed dinner 😛 (Matt McCabe)