If you would like to sponsor SQL Relay please provide us with details to get in touch with you regarding sponsorship. Once we’ve agreed on a suitable sponsorship package, we’ll confirm your sponsor status
- You should make sure you’ve read the sponsor pack
- We have included below the Terms & Conditions which all sponsorship agreements will be under – these will be associated with the invoice we produce
- Sponsor status is conferred when we issue an invoice ie. filling out this form only constitutes intent to sponsor
1 Sponsor rights
The Sponsor area is open to sponsors who offer products, services and hardware that are directly related to Microsoft SQL Server. SQL Relay reserve the right to reject applications from vendors who focus on incompatible technologies.
SQL Relay reserve the right to remove leaflets, merchandise or ‘swag’, which is deemed inappropriate or incompatible with the objectives of SQL Relay.
In consideration for the payment by the Sponsor of the Sponsorship Fee, SQL Relay hereby grants to the Sponsor the Sponsorship Rights outlined in the Services section.
SQL Relay shall stage the Event in accordance with the Event Format outlined in the Sponsorship Pack.
- SQL Relay shall at all times during this Agreement effect and maintain an appropriate level of insurance cover in relation to the Event. SQL Relay shall, if so requested by the Sponsor, note the interest of the Sponsor on any such policy and shall produce upon reasonable request documentary evidence showing the required insurance cover and proof of payment for the premiums for such insurance. Sponsors are strongly recommended to obtain their own event insurance as set out in this Document
- SQL Relay shall deliver or ensure the delivery of each and all of the Sponsorship Rights to the Sponsor, as set out in the current Sponsorship Pack
- SQL Relay shall consider any reasonable requests from the Sponsor or any of its agents to run joint promotional activity
- SQL Relay acknowledges that the Sponsor owns and/or controls the Sponsor Logo and SQL Relay shall not knowingly do, cause or permit any activity which may endanger the Sponsor’s rights and title in the Sponsor Logo
2 Good Running of the Event
The Sponsor hereby warrants to SQL Relay that the Sponsor will provide such information and details as may be reasonably required within reasonable timeframes in order to promote the good running of the event. This may include:
- Provision of any advertising material and any products which are to be promoted
- Finished artwork (at the Sponsor’s cost) relating to its name, logos and other identification provided for herein within print deadlines reasonably set by SQL Relay
- Details of key contacts at the Sponsor who will act on behalf of the Sponsor
3 On-site booths
- Booth space will be allocated based on the package or amendments outlined in the Services section. No floor space will be assigned without full payment. Sponsors will not be allowed to set up exhibits until SQL Relay has received full payment
- Booth space will be assigned on a first-come, first space basis for each SQL Relay venue. Therefore Sponsors are advised to organise payment at the earliest convenience
- Sponsors must not obstruct the view of other vendors in the same row, and from the sides
- SQL Relay will provide a table, two chairs, and a power connection for each sponsor. Pop-ups are allowed, but they must not obstruct other sponsors’ visibility. The table will be approximately six feet in length at a minimum. This is dependent on the venue, and Sponsors are invited to inquire about their preferred venues and floor space directly with the SQL Relay team
- All marketing activities of each Sponsor must be confined to the exhibitor’s exhibit space. Sponsors should not obstruct access to other sponsors’ spaces or to session rooms or facilities/amenities
- Sponsors are permitted to use audio-visuals, sound and other attention-getting devices, but this opportunity is restricted to their own booth space and must not interfere with the activities of other sponsors or speaker sessions
- Noise levels must not be objectionable to nearby sponsors, or otherwise interfere with the smooth running of the event
- Each Sponsor must conduct their marketing activities within their exhibit space in order to allow free access to walkways. Sponsors may only distribute their marketing materials from their own space
- Raffles, prize draws and other prize drawings will be restricted to a community general event at each venue, and sponsors should not hold their own prize drawings outside of this time
- Sponsors are not permitted to sub-let, transfer or resell their vendor space at a SQL Relay event
- All materials must be removed from each venue by 6pm on the day of each event. If the exhibits are not removed by this time, the SQL Relay management has the right to dismantle vendor exhibits and charge the expense to the vendor
4 On-site sales
Sales transactions involving the exchange of products for payment are prohibited, unless permission is obtained in writing or by email from the SQL Relay management.
Sponsors may only distribute literature in their booth or in areas approved by the SQL Relay management. This does not apply to literature distributed as part of an event’s ‘swag bags’.
5 Cancellation of the Agreement, and Consequences of Cancellation
If a Sponsor cancels its booking or terminates this Agreement, the following scale of cancellation charges shall apply, calculated from the date that a Notice of Cancellation is received by the SQL Relay management to the date of the first event in the relevant SQL Relay:
- More than six months prior to Event Date = 50% of Sponsorship Fee
- Less than six months prior to Event Date = 100% of Sponsorship Fee
On cancellation, the rights in the current Document shall be terminated and SQL Relay are under no obligation to deliver the Services in the Services section
Following termination of this Agreement for whatever reason:
- The Sponsorship Rights granted by SQL Relay to the Sponsor pursuant to the Sponsor rights section shall revert to SQL Relay and thereafter the Sponsor shall not use, reference or exploit (directly or indirectly) its previous connection with SQL Relay
- The Sponsor shall not make any further use of, reproduce or exploit any of the rights or licences granted under this Agreement or make any representation thereof that may be deemed confusingly similar
- The Sponsor shall cease carrying on all business under this Agreement
- Termination of this Agreement by either party and for any reason shall be without prejudice to any rights that may have accrued as at the date of such termination or which may accrue subsequently thereto to either party pursuant to or under the procedures set out in this Agreement
6 SQL Relay Delegate Data
SQL Relay is primarily a community organisation, and SQL Relay are committed to complying with relevant laws of the countries where the SQL Relay events occur.
Sponsors may obtain contact details directly from attendees at a SQL Relay event. Delegate details must not be sold, traded, transferred or distributed without the prior consent of the delegate. Attendees implicitly agree to be contacted when they provide their data to a sponsor, but they are not consenting to have their details sold, traded, transferred, distributed or in any way provided to a third party unless this is specifically stated.
Attendees must be provided with the option to opt out of the Sponsor’s contact system.
7 Insurance and Liability
The Sponsor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of the actions or omissions of its employees, agents, contractors or invitees. Sponsors are expected to obtain their own event insurance. SQL Relay are not responsible for any and all such acts, and SQL Relay are not accountable for losses, claims or damages.
The Sponsor agrees that it shall indemnify and hold harmless SQL Relay with respect to all claims of, and liability to, third persons for injury, death, loss, or damage of any type arising out of, or in connection with, the exercise of such rights and licences except where such injury, death, loss, or damage has resulted from the negligent act(s) or omission(s) of SQL Relay.
8 Fire Regulations
Fire regulations must be adhered to, in accordance with the Health and Safety, and Fire regulations. Examples include, but are not restricted to:
- Fire extinguishers on walls or on the floor or elsewhere may not be removed or obstructed in any manner
- Fire exits must be kept clear
- Free access to aisles and walkways must be preserved
9 General Statement
- Any items not covered in the aforementioned Terms and Conditions are subject to the decision of the SQL Relay management, and questions should be raised a minimum of four weeks prior to the start of the first SQL Relay event.
- This Agreement may only be varied or amended by the written agreement of both Sponsor and SQL Relay
- The Sponsor shall not assign, sub-licence, divest or otherwise seek to delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of SQL Relay
- The SQL Relay Terms and Conditions set forth in the current Terms and Conditions will be obligatory. Questions, queries or comments should be diverted to your sponsorship coordinator
10 Force majeure
If by any reason of any event of force majeure either of the parties to this Agreement shall be delayed in, or prevented from, performing any of the provisions of this Agreement then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by either of the parties from the other by reason thereof.
Should the exercise of the rights and obligations under this Agreement be materially hampered, interrupted or interfered with by reason of any event of force majeure, then the obligations of the parties shall be suspended during the period of such hampering, interference or interruption consequent upon event or events and shall be postponed for a period of time equivalent to the period or periods of suspension, and the parties hereto will use their best endeavours to minimise and reduce any period of suspension occasioned by any of such events.
The expression ‘an event of force majeure’ shall mean and include fire, flood, casualty, lockout, strike, labour disputes, industrial action of any kind, unavoidable accident, breakdown of equipment, national calamity or riot, Act of God, the enactment of any Act of Parliament or the act of any other legally constituted authority, any cause or event arising out of or attributable to war, or any other cause or event (whether of a similar or dissimilar nature) outside the control of the parties other than a shortage or lack of money.